NFL Season is back! This year we will be bringing you weekly articles on our top 2-3 plays at each position, as well as DFS Tools when available!
Week 5 Outlook
We're back for a full breakdown of the week 5 NFL slate! This week projects as a tough one, with a lot of questions about whether or not to go with chalk being asked. I'll walk you through the guys I'm targeting this week below, as always, all plays are GPP focused!
1) Josh Allen vs Kansas City ($8,800). Although Allen projects for some decent ownership, I think it's extremely tough to keep him out of lineups, and he's the one chalk play I'm locking in for GPP contests this week. The only thing that's kept Allen from 30+ point performances this season has been blowouts, and with this game projected to be a close one, I think Allen explodes and has a monster game.
2) Daniel Jones vs. Dallas ($6,000). Stop sleeping on Daniel Jones. He has looked more and more confident in the pocket as the season has gone on, and he's always a threat to get big-time rushing yards. The Cowboys put up points like it's nothing, so Daniel Jones should be slinging the ball around from the start, which bodes really well for him returning value on his 6k price tag, which is way too low given how productive he's been.
1) Clyde Edwards-helaire vs. Buffalo ($5,700). This Chiefs/Bills game should be one of the higher scoring games of the week, and that bodes incredibly well for CEH. He should be involved heavily in the passing game, and this game will be an excellent opportunity for him to get in the end zone. If there's one team that can keep up with the Bills offensively, it's KC.
2) Leonard Fournette vs. Miami ($5,200). Fournette took over the lead-back role in TB last week, and I don't see any reason why he wouldn't continue to get the brunt of the carries this week against Miami. The Bucs should be able to take care of Miami pretty early on, and I think that means Fournette will spend most of the second half grounding and pounding, maybe eclipsing the season-high 20 carries he got last week. Fournette is just too cheap given this matchup.
1) Cole Beasley vs. Kansas City ($4,700). The targets and receptions have been there for Beasley all year, but he has yet to find his way into the end zone, dropping his price tag below 5k. I think today could be the day for him, especially because they'll have to put up lots of points if they want to hang with Mahomes and the KC offense. Buy Beasley low right now, because he might not be this price for long.
2) Jaylen Waddle vs. Tampa Bay ($4,800). I love Jaylen Waddle today in one of the best matchups for him this entire season. TB is the best run defense in the league, and that means that Miami (like every other team that faces TB) will be forced to throw the ball a lot, especially if they go down early. Without Will Fuller in the lineup, Waddle should see tons of targets and should have many chances to exploit TB's secondary, which is average at best.
3) Jonnu Smith vs. Houston ($4,300). The Patriots will be without their entire offensive line, so I expect them to look to get the ball out of Mac Jones' hands very quickly, which bodes well for Jonnu; they love to use him on little screen plays and short slants, and I think that will be even more the case without any pass protection. Jonnu is incredibly talented after the catch, and he should be able to take advantage of a HOU team that isn't great at stopping opposing offenses.