NFL Season is back! This year we will be bringing you weekly articles on our top 2-3 plays at each position, as well as DFS Tools when available!
Week 2 Outlook
Well, week 1 is in the books, we had a decent showing last week, with Mahomes, Hurts and Kamara all throwing down strong performances. This week, I'll key in on a quarterback I think is a no-brainer, and a few WRs I think could be millionaire makers! As always, all plays are GPP focused!
1) Dak Prescott vs Los Angeles Chargers ($6,800 DK). I plan on locking Prescott into the majority of my lineups this week, he's simply too cheap and looked phenomenal in the season opener against the Bucs (who I think will be one of the strongest defenses in the NFL this year). The matchup against the Chargers is a good one despite their strong pass rush, as the Herbert led offense plays at a fast pace and will hopefully help make this game a shootout (O/U currently at 55 points). Prescott is my top QB play this week and has massive upside.
2) Matt Ryan vs Tampa Bay ($5,600 DK). I know I just stated that I think the TB defense is legit this year, and I stand by that. However, I also think Ryan is going to bounce back after his horrendous performance last week, and I think he sees really low ownership this week. Grabbing him at just 5.6K opens up some other options and we've seen before the potential he has to throw for 300+ yards and touchdowns. I like him as a high-risk contrarian play and see significant upside.
1) Nick Chubb vs Houston ($7,800 DK). Chubb is easily my favorite RB play this week. Although the Texans played well in week 1, I expect the Browns to be playing with the lead for the majority of this one. This is great news for Chubb, who still managed to see 15 carries (and 2 catches), in a game where the Browns didn't really establish their run game like they can. I think Chubb's carries increase this week, and there's very few backs in the league who pump out fantasy points like he does with high usage. Chubb is a safer play this week, but he's hard to avoid with the matchup and effectiveness we saw from him last week.
2) Melvin Gordon vs Jacksonville ($5,900 DK). I like Gordon this week for a couple reasons. 1, the Jaguars seemingly still suck, so he should see plenty of work and a positive game script. 2, he looked good last week, and despite getting fewer carries than Javonte Williams (14 to 11), he should still be the go to goal-line back in Denver. At just 5.9K, he probably finds himself in the optimal lineup with a couple of touchdowns, which is very possible in this matchup.
1) Allen Robinson vs. Cincinnati ($6,200 DK). Despite only gaining 35 yards, Robinson saw 11 targets in week 1 against the Rams. He enters week 2 as the 18th most expensive WR, which I think is ridiculous. The Bengals just gave up 351 yards through the air, including 239 and 2 touchdowns to the primary Vikings WRs. The volume and matchup will be there for Robinson this week, and I think he bounces back in a big way.
2) Courtland Sutton vs Jacksonville ($5,200). Obviously I'm targeting the Jaguars tomorrow for reasons already discussed. Denver is without Jeudy, which should lead to Sutton being more involved than he was in week 1. I think 5.2K is too cheap for a player who could easily see 10+ targets.
3) Tyler Higbee vs. Chicago ($4,100 DK). Higbee was on the field for every offensive snap last week en route to a solid 5-68-0 game. He is the clear cut TE1 in Los Angeles, and I like his upside with Matt Stafford in town. He's cheap enough to warrant consideration at 4.1K, where he probably just needs a touchdown and 5+ catches to find himself in the million dollar lineup. I think he has a good chance to do that this weekend and he should continue to be heavily involved.