NFL Season is Back! This year we will be bringing you weekly articles on our top 2 plays at each position, as well as DFS Tools when available!
Week 1 Outlook
Week 1 is always a bit of a crapshoot, but it also opens up some huge opportunities to capitalize on mispriced players. I'll be going primarily with proven studs this week, but won't hesitate to mix in a couple rookies or guys on new teams for the potential huge upside. All plays are GPP focused this week!
1) Patrick Mahomes vs. Cleveland ($8,100 DK). This is a bit of a no brainer to me, even with Mahomes being the most expensive QB on the board. This game should be a shootout, and despite Cleveland adding Jadeveon Clowney and first round pick Greg Newsome to what should be a formidable defense, I think Mahomes comes out and puts up huge numbers on the first game of the season.
2) Jalen Hurts vs. Atlanta ($6,400 DK). I expect some decent ownership on Hurts, but I really like him in this matchup against Atlanta. The Falcons were horrible against the pass last year, and Hurts finished the year looking extremely strong through the air. He's cheaper than 12 other quarterbacks, and easily has potential to finish in the top 5 with the value he adds running the ball, I think he's a nice pivot off some of the expensive guys if you need the salary.
1) Alvin Kamara vs. Green Bay ($8,600 DK). You can't really go wrong with any of the top four running backs, but I think Kamara is the best bet to finish at #1. Simply put, New Orleans has no other reliable or proven offensive weapons, which should leave Kamara with 20+ touches. We all know he's incredibly talented, and this game should be high scoring, lock him in as your RB1.
2) Tevin Coleman vs. Carolina ($4,900 DK). Coleman is cheap, and I expect him to get a bunch of touches this weekend against the Panthers. He's not someone who jumps off the page, but finding he has huge upside from both catching balls out of the backfield and to potentially score a couple touchdowns. The Jets should be better this year without Darnold under center, and Coleman should be a big part of that in week 1.
1) Marquez Callaway vs. Green Bay ($3,400 DK). Callaway is way too cheap given that he should start and plays on the same team as Jameis Winston. Winston absolutely slings the ball around, and Callaway looked GREAT in preseason. Lock him in this weekend even with expected high ownership.
2) DJ Chark vs. Houston ($5,800 DK). I like the idea of getting some shares of Trevor Lawrence this weekend, whether that be directly or indirectly. I don't think a ton of people will be on Chark, and his upside is tremendous. He is extremely talented, and should get some looks this weekend against the Texans, who present as a soft defense just like last year.
3) Tyler Higbee vs. Chicago ($3,900 DK). Higbee is the clear cut TE in Los Angeles, and I like his upside with Matt Stafford in town. He's cheap enough to warrant consideration at 3.9K, where he probably just needs a touchdown and a couple catches to find himself in some winning lineups. I think he has a good chance to do that this weekend in the first game of the year.