Hello and welcome to the very first edition of Analytic City Plus! Hopefully you have a sense of what to expect, but if not:
- The downloadable datasheet and lineup optimizer will be posted to this page everyday no later than 2 hours before the main slate tips off. Available in both Excel and Google Sheets.
- Along with the downloadable products, we will also provide a daily writeup/analysis. This is typically an NBA player spotlight (Check out our spotlight tracker here).
- On some days, we will provide additional content to AC Plus members on this page as well! These could be things such as our 'DFS Dives' series, where we will look in depth at various DFS metrics and their importance, or All-Star break exclusive content, such as projections and write-ups for the upcoming all star break events.
We're incredibly excited to have you here and look forward to you using our tools and insights in your NBA DFS lineup building processes!
Today's Optimizer And Datasheet
(Needs Excel Version 2010 or later)
In this section we will spotlight a player we believe is in a plus matchup and has a positive projected +-.
To see our full results and the criteria we use to select player spotlights, check out our Player Spotlight Tracker!
Player Spotlight: Jayson Tatum ($9,100 DK and $9,400 FD)
Jayson Tatum should have a good night tonight for multiple reasons.
1) Beal: He’s playing against fellow St. Louis native Bradley Beal. Whenever these two play each other, they go AT one another. They’re great friends, but when they get on the court they are extremely competitive. They definitely circle this game on the schedule.
2) Matchup: The Wizards play at the fastest pace in the NBA and let up the second most points, so it should be a very high scoring game tonight. The Wizards also aren’t great at guarding player’s with Tatum’s player profile.
3) Brown banged up: Brown is questionable, but even if he does play, I still like Jayson tonight. I’ve noticed that JB has been moving a bit slower recently, and I think Tatum will carry the Celtics scoring load tonight for him. If Brown plays, he’ll likely be a little less aggressive than normal.
4) Timing: The Celtics have been struggling lately, and this stretch before the all star break is MASSIVE for them. They’re coming to play and treating these games like playoff matchups.
5) Ownership: We have Tatum projected at 5.2% ownership. Obviously that goes up if Brown sits, but if he doesn’t, you’ll be getting Tatum at incredibly low ownership. He’s played terribly recently and for all the reasons above is primed for a bounce back game.
Looking for our 'Need to Know' and Questionable/Out lists? That's still on our DFS Analytics page.
If you're interested, you can follow us on Twitter for up to the minute DFS news and relevant content updates!