1) We are in full swing this week/weekend! Let's do some winning!
2) We want to reiterate that there is LOTS of value to be had in our Need To Know section. The bolded players are some of the best value plays of the night. This section shouldn’t be glossed over as it has some of the players who we think bring the most value to your lineups each night!
3) We also want to highlight an important difference between the Need To Know and Player Spotlight sections. Unlike the Need To Know section (which is described in announcement number 2), the Player Spotlight section aims to find a “diamond in the rough”, or a player that we expect to have relatively low ownership (a seasonal average of under 20%), best suited for a GPP lineup.
4) As always, let us know if you're having any trouble with any of our tools! The best way to reach us is Twitter DM!
If you're enjoying using our optimizer, send us a Tweet (or DM) @CityAnalytic! We want to show off the lineups you've been building!
Today's Optimizer And Datasheets
(Note: Needs Excel Version 2010 or later)
Quick Hitters (3/16)
- Today's main slate features 7 games, LAL and NYK are on a back to back.
- As of this writing, the game with the highest over/under is NOP v. POR at 238 points. The game with the lowest over/under is CLE v. MIA at 207 points.
Need To Know
Capela, Okongwu Questionable: I really like John Collins ($6,700 DK and $6,500 FD) tonight, especially if Capela doesn’t play. He put up 22-12-1 without Capela last night, and I think he could perform even better tonight against a HOU team that is bad at defending players like Collins.
Gordon, Nwaba, Tucker, Wall Out, House, Mclemore Questionable, Wood Doubtful: TONS of news coming out of HOU tonight. Without Nwaba and potentially Mclemore in the lineup, I like both Tate ($5,700 DK and $5,300 FD) and Brown ($4,800 DK and $5,000 FD) to see increased minutes and scoring opportunities, especially considering the Hawks struggle to guard players with Tate and Brown’s player profiles.
Bam, Herro Probable, Bradley Questionable: Bam will probably return tonight and will therefore take the value away from Olynyk, who will likely return to the bench. I also think Butler decreases in value, as he gives up some scoring opportunities and touches to Bam.
Rivers, Rose, Robinson Out, Payton Doubtful: Nothing new here since yesterday, so I expect that Knicks to start the same 5. In that case, I like both Quickley ($5,800 DK and $5,200 FD) and Bullock ($3,800 DK and $3,500 FD); they’ll both play lots of minutes and will get tons of opportunities to score. I especially love Bullock on FD where he is the price minimum!
Embiid Out: I like both Simmons ($9,000 DK and $8,200 FD) and Harris ($8,500 DK and $7,800 FD) with Embiid out; they should both pick up the scoring and facilitating role, and are both underpriced on FD. I also don’t hate Bradley ($3,700 DK and $3,500 FD), who is extremely inexpensive and will likely get the start without Embiid in the lineup.
Bazley, Hill, Horford Out, Dort Questionable: Without these guys in the lineup, I like SGA ($8,800 DK and $8,000 FD) to take on a significant scoring and facilitating role. He put up 30-5-4 last time out, and tonight he’s playing against a fast-paced (5th fastest in NBA) and poor defensive (7th worst in NBA) CHI team.
Giles Questionable, McCollum Back: Happy to have McCollum back, but he makes it tough to predict what will happen with POR’s rotation tonight. The Pels give up the 4th most points in the NBA to opposing teams, but I would be scared away by the Blazers players as a result of CJ’s return to the lineup.
In this section we will spotlight a player we believe is in a plus matchup and has a positive projected +-.
To see our full results and the criteria we use to select player spotlights, check out our Player Spotlight Tracker!
Kyle Kuzma ($6,000 DK and FD)
Kyle Kuzma is our number one value play of the night! Here is why we like him:
- Matchup: MIN plays at the third fastest pace in the league and gives up the third most points. So, this should be a high scoring game.
- Ownership: We project Kuzma to have just 6% ownership, which would make him an absolute steal if he turns out to have a good night.
- Breakout potential: Kuzma is great in transition, and against a team that’s really poor at getting back and matching up, I could see Kuzma taking advantage of a lot of leak outs.
Questionable/Out List: These other key players are Questionable or Out. Make sure to check the status of anyone who is questionable right before tipoff. You never definitively know either way until then.
- Romeo Langford (BOS)
- Deandre Hunter (ATL)
- Cam Reddish (ATL)
- Taureen Prince (CLE)
- Meyers Leonard (MIA)
- Garrett Temple (CHI)
- JJ Redick (NOP)
- Jusuf Nurkic (POR)
- Anthony Davis (LAL)
- Malik Beasley (MIN)
- Jordan McClaughlin (MIN)
- Kevin Love (D) - CLE
- Gabe Vincent (P) - MIA
- Jarrett Culver (D) - MIN
Each days newsletter will be posted no later than 2 hours before the main slate of games tips-off, see you tomorrow!