1) Important: We wanted to let you all know that we will be cancelling AC+ NBA and AC+ NBA/MLB memberships once the season concludes. It was a successful first season, and we are already heavily gearing up for the NFL season, where we're going to be providing the most value we ever have!
- If you still want to receive our MLB content, make sure to sign up for our AC+ MLB membership! We know, it's annoying that we can't just place you guys onto our AC+ MLB membership, but you WILL get the free week trial with signing up!
2) We are hosting the Official Standings for the Clockwork Sports NBA Playoff Challenge on our website! Compete for a chance to win $25 cash, Clockwork sports VIP access for the NBA finals, or an NBA TopShot moment! Learn more here.
3) Our AC+ MLB Newsletter/Membership is OUT NOW! Our tools have been tried and tested over the first month of the MLB season, and we truly can't wait for you guys to use them. Read more about the membership here!
Never played Snake Drafts before? They're super quick and easy, and we wrote an article that's an awesome introduction on how to win/what strategy to use!
QUICK HITTERS (7/14)
- Today's main slate features 1 game. Nobody is on a back to back.
- As of this writing, the game with the highest and lowest over/under is PHO v MIL at 221 points.
NBA FINALS Showdown Blueprint!
(MIL vs. PHO Game 4)
This section will provide you with my 3 favorite captain plays, my 3 favorite dark horse plays, and game-specific lineup construction strategy!
This section will highlight my 3 favorite Captain (DK) and MVP (FD) plays.
Note: For DK, picking a player as your captain means that they will receive 1.5x bonus on their normal points, but their price will increase by 1.5x as well. For FD, the MVP receives a 2x bonus without any adjustment to their price.
1. Devin Booker ($10,400 DK and $14,000 FD)
Devin Booker only played 29 minutes in game 3, and it’s because Monty Williams realized they were probably going to lose the game in the late 3rd quarter and decided to rest Booker for the rest of the game. Before that, Booker hadn’t been playing well, so it seems like it was a well needed rest. Tonight, in an extremely pivotal game 4 that will change the course of the series, I expect Dbook to come out FIRING; he’s going to be aggressive early and often, and I definitely like his chances of bouncing back tonight.
2. Deandre Ayton ($8,400 DK and $13,000 FD) *especially on DK*
Like Booker, Ayton played far fewer minutes in game 3 than he’s accustomed to playing. However, in Ayton’s case, it wasn’t because Monty wanted to give him rest, rather that he got into early foul trouble. Tonight, I expect Ayton to be a lot more careful defensively towards the beginning of the game in an attempt to not pick up any dumb fouls. His lack of minutes in game 3 (and therefore the solid rest that he got) should bode super well for his productivity tonight.
3. Jrue Holiday ($9,200 DK and $12,000 FD) *especially on FD*
Even though Jrue Holiday hasn’t necessarily looked comfortable or confident with Giannis back in the lineup, he’s still putting up some solid fantasy numbers. He always fills up the stat sheet, and I know for a fact that the entire coaching staff and roster of the Bucks is imploring Jrue to continue to be aggressive, especially going to the hoop. He’s shown flashes of great offensive play in this series, and he’s going to have to show some more tonight if they want to win.
Dark Horse Plays
This section will provide you with some value towards the lower end of the price spectrum. These guys will also be low ownership plays that give you a good chance to differentiate your lineup from the field!
1. Bobby Portis ($5,400 DK and $8,000 FD)
The Bucks had the most success they’ve had in this entire series in game 3 with Bobby Portis playing big minutes and Brook Lopez taking a bit of a back seat at different points. Tonight, I just don’t see how MIL could go away from Portis, who seems to be incredibly productive whenever he gets in the game. Even if he gets fewer than 20 minutes tonight (he got 18 in game 3), he should still be in a really solid position to return value given his usage while he’s on the court.
2. Pat Connaughton ($4,200 DK and $8,500 FD)
Pat Connaughton has been the clear number 1 option off the bench for the Bucks in these finals, and he’ll definitely continue to be. Furthermore, he’s actually been fairly productive in his minutes, tallying rebounds, assists, defensive stats, as well as the occasional three point shot. I like him tonight especially, though, because I think the Suns will finally build more of a wall on Giannis. He’s gotten to the free throw line and the paint too easily, and I think PHO will finally take a stand tonight, which should force Giannis to become more of a facilitator, which bodes really well for a spot up shooter like Pat.
3. PJ Tucker ($3,400 DK and $7,500 FD)
As I just mentioned in Pat’s write up, I think the Suns will make an adjustment on Giannis tonight. He’s scored 40+ in 2 straight games, and he’s gotten to the rim far too easily. Tonight, I expect the Suns to send an extra body to Giannis in certain situations, which should force him to become more of a passer. If this happens, Pj Tucker should get more open cuts to the rim and 3 point looks than normal, and at his miniscule price-tag, I think he’s too much to pass up on.
NBA FINALS Lineup Construction Strategy
This section will highlight some game-specific trends and adjustments. Remember, the playoffs force teams to beat their opponent 4 TIMES, meaning game 1 looks A LOT different than game 7 most of the time.
You’ll notice that my top 2 Captain/MVP plays are from the Suns, while all of my dark horse plays are from the Bucks - this is very intentional. With Booker and Ayton sitting for a lot longer in game 3 than normal, they should be incredibly fresh and ready to go tonight. This will have a couple impacts; first, it means I really like both of them, obviously. Second, I think it decreases the bench guys’ values (Payne, Johnson, Craig, Kaminsky), because it’s unlikely that those guys are going to see the same workload tonight as they did in the last game. The Bucks, on the other hand, played Portis and Connaughton in big minutes during game 3, and I really like both of their chances to play big minutes again tonight.
The other thing to keep in mind with this game is how the Suns will adjust to Giannis. He’s had 2 straight 40+ point games, and I don’t think Monty Williams and PHO will be content with letting him do the same tonight; I think the Suns will force other players to step up for MIL, and that should mean good things for Pat Connaughton and Pj Tucker, two guys who should see some open corner threes tonight as a result of that adjustment.
Point, Ownership, and Minute Projections for DraftKings and FanDuel Showdown